Dr. Martin Hsia applies Cognitive Behavior Therapy in the treatment of the full spectrum of mood and anxiety disorders, as well as impulse control disorders, such as Problem Gambling and Trichotillomania. His approach frequently emphasizes the principles of Mindfulness for mood, anxiety, and health disorders.
Dr. Hsia’s advanced training includes specialized treatment for depression, panic disorder, anger management and mood dysregulation, chronic pain, bereavement, weight management, and other health-related conditions. During a Postdoctoral fellowship at the Loma Linda VA, he trained using evidence-based treatments for Posttraumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) such as Cognitive Processing Therapy, Prolonged Exposure Therapy, and Seeking Safety.
Dr. Hsia also counsels couples and families to improve communication, and assists parents in providing their children structure and positive motivation to address challenges such as ADHD, academic and behavioral problems, and related mood and anxiety disorders. His experience includes consulting in educational settings, coaching individuals in leadership and management roles, and serving as a supervisor and mentor in the position of Clinical Adjunct Professor at Fuller Graduate School of Psychology. He has been an active member of the Board of San Gabriel Valley Psychological Association for five years and is a Diplomate of the Academy of Cognitive Therapy.
Dr. Martin Hsia is the host of the podcast, Psych Rally a podcast about Psychology, Psychotherapy, and Mental Health.
As a Clinical Psychologist, I provide the following services:
- Adult and Adolescent Psychotherapy
- Couple and Family Psychotherapy
- Cognitive Behavior Therapy
- Behavioral Health Consultation to Primary Care
- Parent Consultation
- Psychological Assessment
- Organizational Consultation
- Program Evaluation
- Training, Seminars, and Supervision
Areas of Expertise
I work extensively with people of all ages on issues related to:
- Panic Disorder and Health/Illness Anxiety Disorder
- Posttraumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
- Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
- Mindfulness-based approaches to Stress management and Health Psychology
- Problem Gambling and Gambling Addiction
- Marijuana Addiction and Recovery
- Insomnia and related Sleep Disorders
- Attention-Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD) and coaching related to productivity, time management, executive skills
- Trichotillomania (Hair pulling) and Excoriation Disorder (Skin picking)
- Existential struggles related to Christian faith, ministry, and spirituality