Brendon Scholtz, Ph.D.
Burien, WA 98146
Dr. Scholtz consults on cases throughout Washington State
Dr. Brendon Scholtz is a licensed psychologist working in the state of Washington. Dr Scholtz is also licensed in the state of New York. He is a graduate of the University of North Texas where he received advanced training and supervision in forensic evaluation from a nationally renowned expert. Dr. Scholtz also interned at the Oklahoma Forensic Center. Prior to receiving his Doctorate, he worked in the fields of mental health and chemical dependency for over 15 years.
Although Dr. Scholtz has trained and practiced extensively as a psychotherapist, his current clinical practice is devoted almost entirely to criminal and civil forensic evaluation and consultation. Dr. Scholtz is an expert in adjudicative competency, criminal responsibility, diminished capacity, testamentary capacity, psychopathology, mitigation, Malingering and disability. He has served as a consultant to Orange County, New York, and several counties in Washington, conducting court ordered evaluations and providing psychological assessment. He regularly works on court ordered examinations and referrals from attorneys. Dr. Scholtz also lectures and teaches psychology courses at the undergraduate and graduate levels. He has taught courses specifically on forensic psychology and assessment to doctoral students.
The specific areas of evaluation and consultation include:
* Criminal Competency * Diminished Capacity
* Criminal Responsibility * Cognitive Impairment
* Risk /Violence * Mitigation
* Sex Offender Evaluation * Case Preparation
* Testamentary Capacity * Cross Examination
* Drug/Alcohol Abuse * Record Review
* Malingering/deception * Review of Work Product
* Psychopathology * Standards of Practice
Areas of Expertise
- Criminal & Civil Forensic Psychological Evaluation
- Case Consultation and Preparation
- Psychological Assessment and Testing
- Psychotherapy with Mandated and Resistant Clients